“PURPOSE, PASSION, PROGRESS”
Redeemer’s Purposeful Programming:
- Improve Quality of Care and Quality of Life.
- Implement Programs that support healthy mind, body, and soul.
- Create individualized assessment of active engagement programs.
- Create learning circles which consist of small groups of individuals with common interests.
Benefits of life-long learning:
- Keeps your mind sharp
- Improves memory
- Increases self-confidence
- Leads to an enriching life of self fulfillment
- Keeps us actively engaged in new programs that are being offered
- Gives you a feeling of accomplishment
- Helps you meet people who share your interests
- Builds on skills you already have
- Offers an opportunity to learn a new skill
- Helps us create a curious, hungry mind
Redeemer Health & Rehab Therapeutic Recreation Department
Recreation therapy encompasses quality of life programming and taps into the past, present and future leisure interests of the individuals we serve. Therapeutic Recreation is not about looking at the capabilities of the individuals but the abilities that make the individual who they are.
At Redeemer Health & Rehab Center, we encourage residents to participate in therapeutic recreation activities. Our Therapeutic Recreation Department and devoted community volunteers work hard to offer a variety of new and enjoyable events each month. We believe in keeping residents engaged and improving their quality of life.
Our Leisure Recreation Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Art classes/Craft programs
- Exercise classes
- Spiritual Programs
- Intergenerational programs with Grandma’s House
- Musical entertainment
- Food Programs (Smell & Taste, Baking Groups, Coffee Socials)
- Parties at which residents may entertain their families
- Library Cart
- Redeemer University
- Gardening Groups
- Discussion groups
- Poetry and drama groups
- Dementia based programs
- Cognitive Programs
- Music & Memory Program
- Our Guinea Pig “Oreo”
“The body heals with play, the mind heals with laughter, and the spirit heals with joy”
At Redeemer Health & Rehab Center, individuals are encouraged to maintain an active lifestyle. Under the direction of our Therapeutic Recreation Department, recreational programs are abundant and diverse. The purpose of these programs is to promote and improve our resident’s quality of life. Many families are delighted to visit and find their loved one returning to programs they have enjoyed all their lives or trying something new. There are plenty of programs to choose from; perhaps participating in the MaPhail Side by Side music class, a cooking class, our miniature horse visits, or going on a community outing. Preferences (past, present, and future) and needs are always considered by our Therapeutic Recreation Department. We post a recreation calendar monthly to give individuals and their families an idea of what programs can be expected at Redeemer Health Center.
“Wherever there are beginners and experts, old and young, there is some kind of learning going on, some kind of teaching. We are all pupils, and we are all teachers.” ~Gildert Highet